Friday, June 10, 2022

My Top 5 News Sources

As a college student living in the technology era, I love being able to keep up with both world and local news right at my fingertips. These are the 5 sources I use every day to get most of my news.


Washington Post:


I grew up reading my hometown newspaper, The Washington Post. I read the sports section every day and follow my favorite teams, the Washington Nationals and the Washington Capitals. I also keep up with local high school sports, especially girls varsity soccer. I was student manager at Yorktown High School for four years and enjoy following the team's continued success. The Post's location in Washington D.C allows reporters to have easy access to political happenings as well as events with both national and international impact.

Snapchat:

As a young adult who spends so much time on social media, I get a lot of my news from Snapchat. Snapchat gives me entertainment news about music, movies, and celebrities. Some of the sources I read on Snapchat are Daily Mail, People Magazine, and US Weekly. Not only do I keep up with news on Snapchat, I also keep up with my friends both at home and at High Point. 

TikTok:

Although TikTok is mainly used for entertainment purposes, it is also a place where I can get information about what is going on in the world. TikTok has a For You Page that shows me news related to my interests, such as home and beauty products, favorite TV shows, and cleaning tips. However, some of the information on my For You Page can be false or out of date. If you are in need of a study break or a quick laugh, there is funny content you can view such as pranks, pet videos, and dance videos. 


Instagram: 

Just like Snapchat, I can keep up with my friends both at home and at HPU. I can watch friends' stories to see what is happening in their lives on a given day. I can also look at different types of news from sources such as E! News, NBC, and ESPN. Not only can I read about local and world news, I can read about events going on at HPU such as Greek events, athletics, and campus activities.

YouTube: 


I use YouTube to catch up on any entertainment news that I might have missed. I use the search bar and also subscribe to the channels of my favorite artists like Justin Bieber. It can be difficult to figure which channels show reliable news because some channels have news that are outdated or false. YouTube can also be a way to be creative and both upload and watch unique content that you wouldn't normally find anywhere else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship with Technology

Technology has become an integral part of our everyday lives.  I use technology from the moment I wake up to the sound of the alarm on my iP...